The Quimby Memorial Library is here to support the research needs of our students at Southwestern College. Below you will find a list of online databases that may be utilized any time –24/7– away from the campus.
In addition to these online services, we also offer ‘in-house’ databases including The American Art Therapy Association, as well as The American Psychological Association, and are accessible in the library.
“EBSCO Publishing (EBSCO) caters to the information needs of researchers at every level by providing libraries and other institutions with the content and services needed to bring the latest and best information to researchers.”
“The Education Resources Information Center – is an online digital library of education research and information. ERIC is sponsored by the Institute of Education Sciences (IES) of the U.S. Department of Education. ERIC provides ready access to education literature to support the use of educational research and information to improve practice in learning, teaching, educational decision-making, and research.”
Create your own free account at www.worldcat.org
“At the center of FirstSearch is WorldCat, a cooperative database of bibliographic records contributed by more than 69,000 libraries, making it the world’s largest, most complete, and most consulted library union catalog. your users can quickly find what they are looking for among the 109 million global information sources in all formats– books, full text, electronic books and journals, web-based articles and audio and video recordings– from the full range of recorded history.”
“Google Scholar provides a simple way to broadly search for scholarly literature. From one place, you can search across many disciplines and sources: articles, theses, books, abstracts and court opinions, from academic publishers, professional societies, online repositories, universities and other web sites. Google Scholar helps you find relevant work across the world of scholarly research.”
“The aim of the Directory of Open Access Journals is to increase the visibility and ease of use of open access scientific and scholarly journals thereby promoting their increased usage and impact. The Directory aims to be comprehensive and cover all open access scientific and scholarly journals that use a quality control system to guarantee the content. In short a one stop shop for users to Open Access Journals.”
“The New Mexico State Library is committed to providing leadership that promotes effective library services and access to information to all citizens of New Mexico. The State Library provides services that support public libraries as well as delivers direct library services to rural populations, state agencies, the visually impaired and physically disabled, and students and citizens conducting research.”
“Presented by the New Mexico State Library. El Portal is a collection of databases that provide free 24/7 access to resources such as newspapers, magazine and journal articles, and books such as encyclopedias. Materials are available for all age ranges and interests.”
- Expanded Academic ASAP Contains scholarly journals, news magazines, and newspapers from arts and the humanities to social sciences, science and technology.
- General Reference Center Gold Focuses on current events, popular culture, business and industry trends, the arts and sciences, sports, hobbies, etc.
- General Business File ASAP Broker research reports, trade publications, newspapers, journals and company directory listings as well as company performance and activity, industry events and trends, management, economics and politics.
- Business and Company ASAP Information on companies, markets and industries, including market trends, mergers and acquisitions, current management theory and company overviews. Business and trade journals, newspapers, and company directory profiles with full text and images.
- InfoTrac Professional Collection Full Text Magazines for Education Professionals.
- InfoTrac Custom Journals Full-text of the New York Times and The Financial Times.
click on link below and enter your student ID.
“NewsBank provides schools with comprehensive information resources that complement, extend and even revolutionize library reference, media and technology. These Web-based resources support a wide variety of school research and curricula, while helping to develop critical thinking skills, encourage reading and writing in the content areas and make learning both more engaging and relevant to the real world.”
“Subject Guide to Government Resources for New Mexico includes links to reputable state, federal and non-state websites with reliable state information.”